Time designated for Wildcats-Sooners, two players named Big 12 Player of the Week

0
483
Junior running back Alex Barnes celebrates after scoring a touchdown in K-State's football game against Oklahoma State in Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Oct. 13, 2018. The Wildcats defeated the Cowboys 31-12. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

On Monday, the Big 12 Conference and FOX Sports announced the Oct. 27 matchup between the Wildcats and Sooners will start at 2:30 p.m. and be broadcast on FOX, per a release by K-State Sports.

K-State lost its last three games against Oklahoma, with the last win coming in 2014. The Wildcats have two victories over the Sooners since 2008, and both were on Oklahoma’s home turf.

Coming off a 31-12 win over Oklahoma State on Saturday and into a bye week, K-State will have more time to prepare for the high-powered Oklahoma offense.

The Big 12 also named junior running back Alex Barnes as Offensive Player of the Week and senior defensive back Duke Shelley as Co-Defensive Player of the Week.

Barnes had a career record 34 carries for 181 yards, four touchdowns and three catches for 51 yards during Saturday’s win over Oklahoma State.

During the same game, Shelley intercepted Cowboy quarterback Taylor Cornelius twice, adding six tackles and one pass breakup.

Jarrett Whitson
I’m Jarrett Whitson, the sports editor this semester. I’m from Blue Rapids, KS, a town of just over 1,000 people about 40 miles north of Manhattan. I’m a junior in Public Relations, and a member of FarmHouse Fraternity. I love playing and talking about sports— especially college football