Women’s golf finishes in top 10 at Magnolia Invitational

0
31
The K-State women’s golf team practices at Colbert Hills Golf Course on Sept. 18, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State women’s golf team competed at the Magnolia Invitational Sunday through Tuesday, where it tied for 10th place overall.

The invitational was played in West Point, Mississippi, at Old Waverly Golf Club. K-State competed with 15 other schools over a two-day span, with Oklahoma being the only other Big 12 school represented.

The invitational was originally scheduled to have three rounds from Sunday through Tuesday, but the final round on Tuesday was canceled due to bad weather.

At the end of the first round of competition on Sunday, the Wildcats were tied for 10th overall as a team, with a score of 306.

In the second round of competition, the Wildcats stayed tied for 10th overall with a team score of 297 for the round and 603 overall.

Individually, K-State was led by sophomore Ella Adams, who finished with an even-par 72. After the second round, Adams finished 4-over-par 72 and tied for 30th overall.

During the first round, sophomore Reid Isaac shot 5-over-par 72. By the end of the invitational, Isaac posted a score of 2-over-par 72, which was good enough to tie for 45th place.

Senior Chloe Weir tied for 57th overall, shooting a score of 13-over-par 72 in the first round, but shot 3-under-par 72 during the second and final round.

Sophomore Niamh McSherry ended both rounds of the invitational with a score of 6-over-par 72 and tied for 61st place.

At the conclusion of the first round, freshman Briony Bayles posted 7-over-par 72. In the second round, Bayles finished 6-over-par 72, putting her at 67th place.

The next competition for the women’s golf team will be at the end of the month at the SMU/Trinity Forest Invitational in Dallas on Oct. 29 and 30.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.