K-State baseball outscores Hutchinson 10-7 in second exhibition game

0
39

The Kansas State baseball team outscored Hutchinson Community College 10-7 on Friday afternoon. The game was a predetermined 12-inning exhibition game, and was approached as four three-inning games.

K-State took the first game, innings 1-3, by a score of 6-0.

The Wildcats had a two-out rally as all six of those runs came with two outs in the second inning.

The Wildcats loaded the bases with a walk, hit by pitch, and a single before Hutchinson recorded the first two outs of the inning.

Senior infielder Thomas Hughes was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to start the scoring for the Wildcats and was ended with a two-RBI single by junior outfielder Will Brennan. The inning was ended because K-State had batted around.

Hutchinson would take the next game, innings 4-6, by a score of 2-1.

Sophomore infielder Terrence Spurlin would score the lone run for the Wildcats on a wild pitch in the sixth inning.

The Blue Dragons were again victorious in game three, innings 7-9, with a 5-3 score.

The Wildcats scored two runs off a Hutchinson error before sophomore catcher Jordan Maxson struck a solo home run to right-center to score the final run for the Wildcats.

The teams tied 0-0 in game four, innings 10-12, to wrap up K-State’s second exhibition game.

Both teams were held scoreless in the last three innings, but the Wildcats had three baserunners in the last three innings. All three baserunners were walked.

Overall on Friday night, the Wildcats scored ten runs on eight hits and had three errors. Spurlin went 3-for-4 with a double, two runs and a strikeout, while Maxson was 1-for-3 with a home run and a walk.

K-State will participate in its intrasquad Fall World Series on Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27 at 6 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 28 at 12 p.m.

Saturday will feature the ALS Halloween Game, where the Wildcats will play in their Halloween costumes to raise money for the ALS Association.