2018 Sunflower Showdown gets morning kick off

0
331
The 2016 Sunflower Showdown football game between K-State and KU in Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Nov. 26. (Emily Starkey | The Collegian)

The Kansas State football team is slated to renew its rivalry with in-state rival Kansas on Saturday, Nov. 10.

On Monday, the Big 12 Conference and FOX Sports announced the Wildcats and Jayhawks will play in the 11 a.m. time slot in two weeks. The game will also be televised on FSN.

After a 51-14 loss to Oklahoma on Saturday, the Wildcats are 3-5 overall and 1-4 in the Big 12. This Saturday, they hit the road again to take on Texas Christian University. The Horned Frogs match K-State’s overall and conference record.

The Jayhawks (3-5, 1-4) are coming off a 27-26 victory over the Horned Frogs last Saturday.

With a win in this year’s Sunflower Showdown, K-State would make it ten straight against its rival, but Kansas could get its first win in the series since 2008. The Jayhawks have a 65-45-5 all-time advantage in the heated rivalry.

In the meantime, K-State will kick off at 2:30 p.m. on FS1 this Saturday against TCU.

Jarrett Whitson
I’m Jarrett Whitson, the sports editor this semester. I’m from Blue Rapids, KS, a town of just over 1,000 people about 40 miles north of Manhattan. I’m a junior in Public Relations, and a member of FarmHouse Fraternity. I love playing and talking about sports— especially college football