Zumach, Zuber’s stellar performances in season finales earn them Collegian Athletes of the Week

0
214
K-State junior wide receiver Isaiah Zuber makes a mid-air catch to complete a 15-yard pass during the Texas Tech game on November 17, 2018. K-State defeated the Raiders 21-6 in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

This week the Collegian Athlete of the Week awards go to Kylee Zumach of the Kansas State volleyball team and Isaiah Zuber of the football team.

Both individuals recorded big performances in the final matches of their team’s respective seasons.

Senior outside hitter Zumach led the volleyball squad in its 3-1 victory over Texas Christian University on Nov. 21.

As the Wildcats were left out of the NCAA tournament, Zumach ended her volleyball career at K-State on a high note. The redshirt senior recorded a season-best 21 kills against TCU, achieving her third match with 20 kills in 2018 and the ninth time she has done so in her tenure at K-State.

This past Saturday, junior wide receiver Isaiah Zuber had a big game in the Wildcats’ season finale against Iowa State.

Although K-State lost 42-38, Zuber recorded 65 yards on seven receptions, catching two for touchdowns. Zuber was big for the Wildcats in the red zone, as both of his touchdowns came inside Iowa State’s 10-yard line.

Should Isaiah Zuber return for his senior season, he will be one of K-State’s top receivers next season.