After Snyder retirement, Delton says he’s transferring

0
1605
K-State quarterback Alex Delton scores the winning touchdown with a little over two minutes left in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s game against KU. K-State won 21-17. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

After the announcement of the retirement of head coach Bill Snyder, fourth year junior quarterback Alex Delton has announced that he will transfer immediately. Delton’s Tweet came earlier this morning announcing he will use the graduate transfer option.

Delton said that he is “beyond blessed” to play for Hall of Famer in Coach Snyder. Delton has served as the captain for the 2018 season, was the cactus bowl offensive MVP in 2017 and earned Big 12 first team accolades in 2017.

Delton averaged 33.43 rushing yards per game, he averaged 79.14 passing yards per game throwing two interceptions during the 2018 season.

Delton has not announced where he plans to transfer to but says that “the memories will last forever” as a Wildcat.

Molly Hackett
I'm Molly Hackett, the assistant sports editor this semester. I attended St. James Academy just outside of Kanas City for high school and I am currently a junior in mass communications with an emphasis in digital media and a minor in business. In my free time, I love to ride my moped, spend time with friends and family, play sports, drink coffee and take naps.