Track and field athletes record several personal bests at Razorback Invitational

0
97
Freshman Helene Ingvaldsen throws shot put at the K-State track meet in Ahearn Field House on Feb. 17, 2017. (Archive photo by John Benfer | Collegian Media Group)

The track and field teams for Kansas State had yet another weekend of competition where they claimed multiple wins and personal records.

On Friday afternoon, the first of two days at the Razorback Invitational in Fayetteville, Arkansas, the Wildcats combined for nine personal bests.

The women’s team finished day one in fourth place overall with 36 points, and the men finished in sixth with 18 points.

For the women, junior Helene Ingvaldsen won the weight throw with a throw of 21.17 meters on her final attempt. Sophomore Shaelyn Ward had a throw of 18.89 meters to place fifth overall. Junior Ashley Petr threw for 18.69 meters, recording a new personal best for the second consecutive meet. Placing eighth overall, sophomore Taylor Latimer threw for 16.10 meters.

Senior Morgan Coffman and junior Ariel Okorie placed third and fourth in the women’s pentathlon, respectively.

For the men’s team, junior Jullane Walker finished the long jump with a distance of 7.52 meters.

In the long jump portion of the heptathlon, juniors Aaron Booth and Simone Fassina recorded distances of 7.39 meters and 6.72 meters, good enough for first and sixth place, respectively. Booth’s finish in this event was a personal record for him.

On day two of the invitational, Booth scored 5,819 points to break a New Zealand National Indoor Record. Booth won the heptathlon pole vault event with a distance of 4.75 meters.

K-State women finished fifth with 67 points, while the men finished in sixth with 44 points.

Sophomore Kassidy Johnson set a new personal best in the women’s 800 meters open with a time of 2:06.92. Senior Kurt Loevenstein finished the race in 1:52.72 where he finished eighth.

Latimer finished the women’s shot put with a distance of 16.17 meters, a personal best. She placed second.

Two Wildcats placed in the triple jump: senior Shardia Lawrence jumped 13.58 meters and junior Konstantina Romaiou recorded a jump for 12.51 meters.

Five individuals placed in the men’s mile event with two recording personal records. Senior Joe Gorthy ran the race in 4:16.82 and junior Keegan Donahue finished in 4:18.08.

The Wildcats can add another impressive finish to their spring campaign if they do well at the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational in Lincoln, Nebraska, starting on Feb. 1.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.