Water main break in Union leads to temporary water outages across campus

0
135
A water main break at the K-State Student Union Monday morning altered water pressure at some buildings around campus. (File photo by Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

A water main break in the K-State Student Union resulted in variations in water pressure in some buildings around campus Monday morning, Michelle Geering, news and digital media specialist at the Division of Communications and Marketing, said.

“Some buildings are more impacted than others,” Geering said.

By 10:00 a.m., Geering said the area with impacted water pressure was isolated to the K-State Student Union.

Rathbone Hall, the location of the College of Engineering Complex, was initially affected by the break. A representative from the dean’s office said water pressure was restored at about 9:45 a.m.

This is not the first time this semester water has been out in the Union. On Feb. 21, a busted pipe resulted in an outage for the morning hours of operation.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.