K-State pulls ahead of University of Kansas in national rankings

0
1495
According to Learn.org, K-State is now second only to Indiana University-Bloomington as best public university. (Rowan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

In a list compiled by Learn.org, Kansas State University was selected as the second best public university in the United States. Running up to Indiana University Bloomington, the website said K-State’s workforce-ready graduates and variety of undergraduate programs earned it the number two spot.

The University of Kansas earned third place in the rankings due to its high number of study abroad programs.

Rankings were chosen by the website based on data from the U.S. Department of Education alongside other factors, including campus beauty, study abroad programs and student activities.

One of the cited reasons for K-State’s selection as the second best public university in the nation was workforce-ready graduates, something that resonated with Pat Bosco, vice president of student life and dean of students.

“Other national publications have cited K-State for the high average starting salaries our graduates earn and for being one of the top educational values around,” Bosco said in a K-State Today release. “K-State also is a leader in providing the services that keep students prepared and focused on learning.”

This recognition can only be attributed to one thing, Bosco said.

“This high ranking by Learn.org is a tribute to our professors, academic advisers and student life staff who work tirelessly to ensure every student we serve has a chance to succeed — and it shows,” Bosco said.