UPDATE: Student struck by car near campus in stable condition

0
6055
K-State Police wrap up the investigation of a car accident on March 19, 2019. A woman was struck across the street from Throckmorton Hall. (Rachel Hogan | Collegian Media Group)

Update, March 19 at 11:24 p.m.: The pedestrian involved in this incident is Alyssa Ogden, junior in animal sciences and industry. She was identified by her sister on Twitter.

Ogden is in currently stable, but sedated, in the ICU of a hospital in Topeka.

The identity of the driver and the cause of the incident has not yet been released.

Original story:

A woman was hit by a car while crossing the street at the intersection of Denison Avenue and Todd Road across the street from Throckmorton Hall sometime before 2:45 p.m. Tuesday.

The 20-year-old woman was transported to Ascension Via Christi Hospital by ambulance.

IMG_0977.jpg
A member of the Kansas Highway Patrol works to diagram the scene where a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on March 19, 2019. (Rachel Hogan | Collegian Media Group)

As of 3:38 p.m., only one civilian vehicle remained on the scene: a silver Jeep with Oklahoma license plates and a damaged front bumper.

Officers on the scene referred the Collegian to the Kansas State Police Department.

K-State News and Communications released a statement saying the pedestrian in the accident was transported by air to another hospital in Topeka.

The Collegian will update this story as more information becomes available.

Rachel Hogan
Hey, hi, hello! I’m Rachel Hogan, co-editor-in-chief at the Collegian. I’m a senior in journalism from Olathe, Kansas. When I’m not at work in the newsroom, I like to spend my time cuddling with my dog, working as a barista and laughing with my friends.