K-State tennis falls to Baylor 4-3 on Sunday

0
19
K-State tennis lost to Baylor on the road, falling to 10-7 on the season. (Nathan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State tennis team went on the road to Baylor where the Wildcats fell to the Bears 4-3. K-State is now 10-7 on the season after the loss.

The Wildcats started singles play with a win by sophomore Anna Turco in two sets against sophomore Kristina Sorokolet 6-3 and 6-0.

Another Wildcat singles win came from freshman Ioana Gheorghita in two 6-2 sets over freshman Stephanie Adames.

Baylor won the rest of the six singles matches. In their first win, sophomore Livia Kraus defeated sophomore Margot Decker 6-4 and 6-3. In the second, freshman Paula Baranano beat junior Ines Mesquita 7-6 and 6-4.

Freshman Maria Ponomareva lost to sophomore Dominika Sujova in three sets. Ponomareva took the first set 7-5 but lost the last two sets 6-3.

In the last singles match of the day, sophomore Maria Linares took junior Jessica Hinojosa to three sets. Linares lost the first set 6-4, then came back and won the second set 7-5. In the final set, Hinojosa won 6-2.

In doubles play, Gheorghita and Linares defeated Angie Shakhraichuk and Sujova 6-1. in the second doubles match, freshman Karine-Marion Job and Mesquita beat the duo of Hinojosa and Baranano 6-4.

Up next for the Wildcats will be a match against TCU in Manhattan on Friday, March 29 at 3:30 p.m.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.