K-State tennis falls to TCU in conference home opener

0
45
K-State tennis fell to TCU in the first home conference game of the spring season. (Archive photo by Nathan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

On Friday, the Kansas State tennis team lost to TCU in its home conference opener at Body First Indoor Tennis Center 4-2 with the two wins coming in singles matches.

K-State sophomore Anna Turco won her match against freshman Mercedes Aristegui of TCU 6-0, 6-2 in No. 3 singles. Turco has 10 wins on the season and improved to 2-3 in the Big 12.

Freshman Ioana Gheorghita recorded her third straight win in conference play after beating freshman Addy Guevara 6-1, 6-2. Gheorghita moves to 4-3 in the spring season with a 3-1 record against Big 12 opponents.

Sophomore Margot Decker and Turco lost in No. 1 doubles to TCU’s No. 27 freshman Ellie Douglas and sophomore Aleska Cveticanin, 6-0. In the No. 2 spot, freshman Karine-Marion Job and junior Ines Mesquita went against junior Chloe Hule and sophomore Stevie Kennedy, losing 6-1.

In other singles matches, Decker lost to Cveticanin in No. 2 singles, 6-4, 6-2. Sophomore Maria Linares lost to No. 112 Douglas 6-4, 6-1. Rounding out singles play, Job split the first two sets against freshman Kate Paulus for the Horned Frogs, 4-6, 6-1, but fell in the third set 6-0.

The Wildcats have lost their last five matches and are 0-5 to start conference play. Next up, K-State will host No. 25 Texas Tech on Sunday at 11 a.m. in Manhattan.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.