Think Local: K+STAT provides medical care in Manhattan from two locations

0
127
Flu and cold symptoms are just a few of the many ailments K+STAT can treat. (Katelin Woods | Collegian Media Group)

When it comes to receiving excellent medical care, look no further than your local provider, K+STAT Urgent Care.

In Manhattan, K+STAT has east and west locations. The two locations — one on Hayes Drive and the other on Commons Place — have the combined goal of making medical care in Manhattan, Wamego and Junction City more convenient for citizens.

Between the two locations, the clinic has eight board-certified family physicians. All of the physicians are there to maintain quality urgent care medicine and serve the community with about 40 other staff members that work both full- and part-time for K+STAT.

With the help of these medical providers, no appointments are necessary. Most visits are estimated to take less than an hour and both locations are open seven days a week.

The fees associated with any visit are also comparable to those from a normal care provider. As long as a patient is at least three months old, they can be seen at K+STAT.

If you are in need of medical attention, K+STAT can treat cuts, burns, breaks, sprains, all cold and flu related symptoms, vomiting, diarrhea, allergies, sinus infections, abdominal pain, insect bites, rashes, physicals for athletics or academics, sexually transmitted diseases, workplace injuries and back pain.

Patients are served on a first-come, first-serve basis. Some exceptions might be made for more urgent patients who might display more dangerous symptoms.

If you are in need of an X-ray or lab services, K+STAT can handle most of those operations in-house during business hours. However, some types of lab tests may be referred to an outside lab.

Before a trip to K+STAT, it is recommended that patients fill out the required registration form and the financial policy form beforehand to cut down on time spent in the waiting room. All forms are available on the K+STAT website.

When patients show up for their appointments, they should make sure to bring all completed forms, a list of all current medications, a current insurance card, a form of payment and a jacket or blanket in case it gets cold. Patients can pay by check, cash or card.

K+STAT contracts with many insurance companies, but call 785-565-0016 if you are unsure if you are covered. K+STAT is not a Medicaid provider.

If you are looking for reliable medical care and only have a short amount of time to see a doctor, worry not. K+STAT is available to take care of community members without requiring the same expensive fees patients might find in an emergency room.

Molly Hackett
I'm Molly Hackett, the assistant sports editor this semester. I attended St. James Academy just outside of Kanas City for high school and I am currently a junior in mass communications with an emphasis in digital media and a minor in business. In my free time, I love to ride my moped, spend time with friends and family, play sports, drink coffee and take naps.