Pair of Wildcats set personal bests at Woodman Classic track and field event

0
29
Sophomore Pierce Flanders competes in the J.K. Gold Classic cross country meet in Augusta, Kansas on Sept. 1, 2018. Over the weekend, Flanders placed 51st in the 1,500-meter race in Wichita. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State track and field teams were split in two over the weekend, sending a group to both the Woodman Classic in Wichita as well as the Triton Invitational in San Diego.

At the Woodman Classic, a pair of K-State athletes set personal bests in the men’s 1,500-meter race on Friday.

Junior Keegan Donahue placed fifth in the 1,500 meters with a time of 3:55.47, while freshman Dylan Brenneman ran the event in 3:56.20, earning him sixth place. The times ran by Donahue and Brenneman were the fastest times by a Wildcat in the event this season.

Two more Wildcats placed in the 1,500 meters: junior Noah Stevenson, with 4:06.08 in 34th place, and sophomore Pierce Flanders, with 4:15.70 in 51st place.

Also on Friday, junior Anna Keeley finished 27th in the women’s 5,000-meter race with a time of 19:05 flat. This was just seconds off her personal best from the 2017 Emporia State Relays, where she ran the event in 19:02.14.

On Saturday, the second day of the two-day event, freshman Parker McCafferty placed in two events for the Wildcats.

In the men’s 100-meter preliminaries, McCafferty placed 12th with a time of 10.99. McCafferty also finished 13th in the men’s 200-meter preliminaries with a time of 22.64.

The K-State track and field teams will compete in three more meets this season before they head to the Big 12 Championships in Norman, Oklahoma. The championship meet will be held May 10-12.

The next meet for the Wildcats will be on the road at the Michael Johnson Invitational in Waco, Texas, set for Friday and Saturday. This will be the ninth meet of the outdoor portion of the season for the Wildcat teams.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.