OPINION: Top 7 essentials for your spring wardrobe this year

0
171
Spring is here, and expanding your wardrobe is easier than you'd think. (Abigail Compton | Collegian Media Group)

Spring has sprung in Manhattan. The sun is finally out, and we can say goodbye to the brutal winter.

I’m sure many of us have already pulled out our spring wardrobes, but you might be looking to spruce your wardrobe up a bit this year. Here are seven items you can add to your spring wardrobe.

1. T-Shirt Dresses

Long dresses have been making a comeback, but don’t forget about your short dresses especially the ones that button up in the front. These dresses would be perfect for just about any occasion.

2. Rompers and Jumpsuits

These are super trendy and come in many different looks. You can have floral, striped, solid colors or even leopard print rompers and jumpsuits. Whichever style suits you, I guarantee you that you’re going to look flawless for whatever event you have going on.

3. Skirts of All Kinds

[related title=”OPINION: Manhattan’s top 4 outdoor dining spots” url=”https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2019/04/12/opinion-manhattans-top-4-outdoor-dining-spots/”]

Jean skirts, zip-up skirts and button-front skirts are totally in. They’re perfect for a day out with your girls, or even just to wear to class.

Plus, they’re so easy to style. Just add a simple T-shirt and you’re ready to conquer the day.

4. Platform Shoes

This includes both sandals and sneakers. Honestly, I didn’t think these types of shoes would ever come back in style, but here they are.

Conveniently, you can basically wear them with anything: leggings, jeans, dresses or skirts.

5. Jean Jackets

Jean jackets are an evergreen style. They’ve always been in and will always be in style. They’re the perfect touch to basically any outfit, fancy or casual.

6. Tassel Earrings

Tassel earrings are like regular earrings, but more noticeable. These can spruce up just about any outfit, be it a dress for a wedding, party or other event.

7. Slide Sandals

They’re like Birkenstocks, but not as comfy. Beauty over pain, I guess.

Slide sandals work for a range of outfits, and they’re easy to throw off when the moment calls for bare feet.

Gabrielle Albertson is a senior in mass communications. The views and opinions expressed in this column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Collegian. Please send comments to opinion@kstatecollegian.com.