UPDATE: Rison’s 1st court date has been set following Friday’s arrest

0
1757
Hunter Rison has been suspended indefinitely from the K-State football team after a violation of team rules. (DJ Render | Collegian Media Group)

Update, April 22 at 6:10 pm.: The first court date for K-State wide receiver Hunter Rison has been set for May 1 at 11 a.m. in the Riley County District Court.

The alleged victim filed for a temporary protective order against Rison, which was issued on Friday.

Original story: Kansas State wide receiver Hunter Rison faces indefinite suspension from the football team after allegedly being arrested on Friday afternoon.

The Manhattan Mercury reports that Rison was allegedly arrested just before 2 p.m. on College Avenue and was then charged with one count of domestic battery/knowing or reckless bodily to family/person in dating relationship.

The news broke Saturday morning after new head football coach Chris Klieman released a statement via email. The statement does not identify the reason for the suspension.

“Our program will be one that is built on hard work and integrity and doing things the right way,” Klieman said. “We have extremely high expectations of our players on and off the field.”

Rison is a transfer from Michigan State and sat out last season per transfer rules. He played in last weekends’ Spring Showcase and showed promise of being a big player for the Wildcats in the 2019 season.

This is a developing story and updates will be made as information becomes available.

Molly Hackett
I'm Molly Hackett, the assistant sports editor this semester. I attended St. James Academy just outside of Kanas City for high school and I am currently a junior in mass communications with an emphasis in digital media and a minor in business. In my free time, I love to ride my moped, spend time with friends and family, play sports, drink coffee and take naps.