Welcome back, and to our new Wildcats, welcome home! We hope you enjoyed the summer and are ready to hit the ground running for the fall semester.
This summer, Ali and I have been diligently working to improve your K-State experience. We are excited to share with you the areas of progress made as well as strategic goals moving forward.
A few areas of progress include:
· Supporting a state-wide tuition freeze to sustain affordable tuition for in-state students.
· Collaborating with the City of Manhattan to incorporate bystander intervention training in Aggieville.
· Passing a motion to recommend a two-day break between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving for a mental wellness break.
We encourage you to visit our K-State SBP and VP social media channels (@KStateSBP_SBVP) at the beginning of each month to learn more about campus initiatives that will enhance and improve your college experience.
If you are looking for ways to use your voice and support students, we want to highlight two opportunities:
· A variety of campus committees need you. Serve as an at-large committee member by applying here.
· The SGA Intern Program will kick off on Sept. 12! The Intern Program is a series of informational meetings and events to help inform students about the basics of participating in SGA. This year, SGA has expanded the Intern Program to be more accessible and open to more students than ever before! Fill out this form to receive more information about the Intern Program.
Good luck with your semester! Please don’t hesitate to email us with any ideas, questions or concerns, as we are always looking to help students however we can! Our emails are email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please follow us on Twitter and Instagram @KStateSBP_SBVP for more updates on all things SGA and happenings on campus.
As always, Go Cats!
Jansen Penny and Ali Karamali
Student Body President and Vice President