Tennis and men’s golf start seasons, other sports continue

0
24
Niamh McSherry practices with a 7 iron on the Colbert Hills Golf Course range on Sept.18, 2018. As a freshman, McSherry tied for 13th at the Trinity Forest Invitational in Dallas, TX. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

Women’s Golf

09.18.18.WomensGolf.AT.579.jpg

The women’s golf team will participate in their second invitational on Monday as they wrap up the Marilynn Smith/Sunflower Invitational.

Men’s Golf

DSC_0218.jpg

The men’s golf team begins its season this week at the Golfweek Conference Challenge in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It began on Sunday and will go through Tuesday.

Volleyball

09.07.19.VBvsUCA.SC_20.jpg
Freshman libero, Dru Kuck passes the serve during the volleyball game against the University of Central Arkansas in Bramlage Coliseum on Sept. 8, 2019. The Wildcats beat the Sugar Bears 3 sets to 1. (Sabrina Cline | Collegian Media Group)

The volleyball team (4-4) has a busy week participating in the North Texas Challenge. On Thursday, they will play North Texas at 7 p.m. The Wildcats will play Ohio at 3:30 p.m. and on Saturday they play New Mexico at 10:30 a.m.

Tennis

09.14.18.WTenPractice.BB-6.jpg
Women's tennis player, Ioana Gheorghita, leaps to return the tennis ball to her teammate during an outdoor practice in September 2018. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The tennis team will begin its fall season participating in the Auburn Invitational in Auburn, Alabama, on Friday and compete through Sunday.

Cross Country

09.01.18.CrossCountryJKGoldClassic.AT.6342.jpg
The K-State men's cross country team prepares for a 6k race at the JK Gold Classic in Augusta, Kansas on Sept. 1, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

The cross country team will compete on Saturday in the Jay Dirksen Invite in Lincoln, Nebraska. The men’s team started off the season placing second at the JK Gold Classic in Wichita last weekend.