Infographic: Office of Institutional Equity allegation reports 2015-2019

0
140
Infographic Key: Changing colors depict different academic years. The lighter shade is for 2015-2016. The darkest shade is for 2018-2019. The medium shades are for academic years in the middle of data collection. (Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group}

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 3.07.23 PM.png
Infographic Key: Changing colors depict different academic years. The lighter shade is for 2015-2016. The darkest shade is for 2018-2019. The medium shades are for academic years in the middle of data collection.
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group}

The Office of Institutional Equity fields and investigates reports of misconduct defined by the Kansas State policies of harassment, discrimination and violence. This graphic depicts key areas in the office’s data collection between 2015 and early 2019. During the 2018-2019 academic year, the office received 366 allegations, a 63 percent increase from the 2015-2016 academic year. Repeat reporters account for some allegations, and not all result in disciplinary action.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.