Conference play starts this week for football, volleyball and soccer teams

0
76
Teammates congratulate Junior Niamh Mcsherry for winning the Marilynn Smith Sunflower Invitational at Colbert Hills Golf Course on Sept. 18, 2019. (Luis Villarreal-Reyes | Collegian Media Group)

Women’s Golf

Golf-9.jpg

The women’s golf team will be playing in the East and West Match Play in Madison, Wisconsin. This invitational began on Sunday and will go through Tuesday. This will be the third invitational the women’s golf team will be participating in this season.

Men’s Golf

DSC_0930.jpg
Ryan Bender watches his shot after crisply striking it on the driving range during practice on April 15 at Colbert Hills golf course. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The men’s golf team will be competing in the Trinity Forest Invitational in Dallas, Texas, at Trinity Forest Golf Club. This invitational began on Sunday and will go through Tuesday.

Tennis

09.14.18.WTenPractice.BB-4.jpg
On Friday, Sept. 14, the women's tennis team hosts their Alumni Game. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The tennis team will be competing in the SMU Invitational in Dallas, Texas. This is the second competition the Wildcats will be competing in this season. This invitational will begin on Friday and will go through Sunday.

Soccer

BYU-4.jpg
Kansas State and BYU before kickoff participate in the National Anthem on Sept. 21, 2019. The Wildcats fell 5-0.(Luis Villarreal-Reyes | Collegian Media Group)

The soccer team (2-5-2) will begin Big 12 play on Thursday hosting the Baylor Bears. The match will begin at 7 p.m. and can be watched on ESPN +.

Volleyball

09.07.19.VBvsUCA.SC.jpg
Redshirt junior middle blocker, Peyton Williams serves the ball into play during the volleyball game against the University of Central Arkansas in Bramlage Coliseum on Sept. 8, 2019. The Wildcats beat the Sugar Bears 3 sets to 1. (Sabrina Cline | Collegian Media Group)

The volleyball team (5-7) will see their first conference opponent on Saturday in Fort Worth, Texas, against the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. This match will begin at 4 p.m. and can be heard on 1350 AM KMAN.

Football

08.31.19.KSUFootballvsNicholls.LW.05.jpg
Junior quarterback Skylar Thompson runs out onto the field before K-State's football game against Nicholls State in Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Aug. 31, 2019. The Wildcats took the Colonels 49-14. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The football team (3-0) is coming off their bye week and will begin Big 12 play in Stillwater, Oklahoma, against the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. and will air on ESPN +.