These on-campus resources can help you nail your next interview

0
88
Carson Avery, junior in industrial engineering, gets some fashion tips from Laura Wiebe, a former senior in apparel and textiles. During the week of the career fair, the Career Closet has about 100 student visitors every day. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

The All-University career fair starts on Tuesday and runs through Thursday. There, students will be able to meet with a multitude of professionals and employers. It’s possible some individuals will end up pursuing a position with a company at the fair. Kansas State offers resources to help students to be prepared.

Career Center: The Career Center is located inside the Berney Family Welcome Center. Here, students can get help with their resume, connect with potential employers, develop skills and find the right career path. The Career Center also offers resources for multicultural students, international students, students with disabilities and LGBTQ students. Students can also get assistance building their personal brand, managing their online reputation and get tips for using social media as a career tool. Multiple classes are offered by the Career Center in an effort to help students with their career development.

Career Closet: Within the Career Center is the Career Closet, a place where students can find professional attire that has been donated by others. Its free and available to all K-State students. Donors include faculty, alumni and more.The Career Closet is open weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.

WildcatLink: K-State students can get connected with other students, faculty,alumni or others who are interested in networking with the K-State community through WildcatLink. The website allows students to find mentors and professionals who may be helpful in providing career opportunities or professional skills. Students can also apply to be a part of the mentoring programs WildcatLink offers.

Your academic advisor: Students can always email their academic advisor with questions or concerns regarding an upcoming job interview or their current career path. Academic advisors can help guide students through tough decisions by providing knowledge and support. Students can get in touch with their advisor to share their thoughts about their future career path.

Hi there! I'm Julie Freijat. I'm the copy chief and deputy managing editor of the Collegian. In the past, I've served as an editor on the news and culture desks and worked closely with the multimedia staff. I love science and technology, hate poor movie dialogue and my favorite subreddit is r/truecrime.