Cross country finishes in the top 10 at Greeno and Dirksen Invite

0
37

Over the weekend in Lincoln, Nebraska, the Kansas State cross country men and women’s teams finished second and eighth, respectively.

The Greeno and Dirksen Invitational was the second meet of the season for the Wildcats. K-State’s men’s team finished the day with 79 points to finish in second place out of 18 teams just behind Iowa.

Four runners finished in the top-25 from the men’s team. Sophomore Cooper Schroeder led the Wildcats in the 8-kilometer race finishing in 25:00.6, for eighth overall. The race was Schroeder’s 2019 debut and the fourth time in seven meets that he has led K-State.

Sophomore Ethan Powell and freshman Hadley Splechter placed in the top-15. Powell set a personal record finishing eleventh at 25:05.7. Splechter ran the event in 25:17.4 placing thirteenth.

Freshman Kerby Depenbusch was the final Wildcat to finish in the top 25 finishing twenty-fifth at 25:36.4. Overall, eleven Wildcats competed in the event.

On the women’s team, where there are several injuries, the team finished the day with 202 points, placing eighth. Freshman Jaybe Shufelberger led the women’s team placing twenty-third at 18:26.4 in the five kilometer race.

Sophomore Cayli Hume ended the race in forty-first at 19:05.8. The rest of the women’s team had six Wildcats compete in this race.

K-State will prepare for its next competition at the Joe Piane Invitational on Oct. 4 in South Bend, Indiana.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.