Power restored after outage impacted multiple campus buildings, shut down part of Denison Avenue

0
148
The power outage Friday morning included the Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex. (Dalton Wainscott | Collegian Media Group)

At approximately 9:15 a.m., parts of the north side of campus lost power. According to K-State Alerts, parts of Denison Avenue between Kimball Avenue and Jardine Drive were also without power.

An initial alert sent out after 9:30 a.m. indicated the outage was caused by a construction accident.

Michelle Geering, public information officer for Kansas State, said some of the buildings impacted were the Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex, Edwards Hall and portions of Jardine Apartments.

Shortly after, a message from K-State Alerts went out:

“K-State Police, Manhattan Fire Department and Westar Energy are on scene. We will send an update when the road is open.”

At 10:38 a.m., K-State alerts said power was restored.

I'm Pete Loganbill and I'm the News Editor for the Collegian and host of the Collegian Kultivate podcast! I spent two years at Johnson County Community College, and I am now a senior in Public Relations at K-State. I believe constant communication leads to progress, no matter how difficult a comment may be for me or anyone to hear. Contact me at ploganbill@kstatecollegian.com.