Women’s cross country finishes four top 100 runners at Pre-Nationals Invitational

0
74
The women's cross country team as they come off the starting line at the J.K. Gold Classic in Augusta, Kansas, on Sept. 1, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

At the Under Armour Pre-Nationals Invitational hosted in Terre Haute, Indiana, freshman Jaybe Shufelberger finished in the top 50 in her first six kilometer meet on Saturday.

The women’s team finished 22nd overall in its first national meet this season. Four Wildcats placed in the top 100. Freshman Hannah Stewart (81st, 22:53.4), senior Anna Keeley (95th, 23:06.7) and sophomore Cayli Hume (96th, 23:08.1) rounded out the top qualifiers.

In every meet this season, the men’s team finished in the top three overall, but fell short on Saturday. The Wildcats placed 28th in the men’s blue eight kilometer race. Sophomore Cooper Schroeder was the only Wildcat to place in the top 100 while finishing the race in 24:37.8, placing 75th.

Six others placed for K-State on the men’s side.

Redshirt sophomore Jackson Schroeder (125th, 25:04.9), Cooper Schroeder and freshman Jack Thomas (25:57.1) set personal bests.

The Big 12 Championship will start on Saturday, Nov. 2, in Waco, Texas.

This account was generated by Camayak on 2017-09-06, please refer to http://support.camayak.com/connect-your-camayak-account-to-your-existing-wordpress-account/ if you wish to delete it.