K-State baseball blanks Oral Roberts in exhibition

0
63
K-State junior right-handed pitcher Kasey Ford launches the pitch over homeplate scoring a strike on the TCU batter. The K-State Wildcat Baseball team faced off against the Horned Frogs at Tointon Family Stadium losing, 8-1 on April 19, 2019. (Olivia Bergmeier | Collegian Media Group)

The baseball team’s pitching was strong Sunday in its 12-inning exhibition game against Oral Roberts at Tointon Family Stadium with 17 strikeouts in a 9-0 victory.

The Wildcats used 11 pitchers in the game. Redshirt sophomore Carson Seymour started for his second straight fall start; he struck out two and allowed only one hit in two innings.

Sophomore Jordan Wicks struck out two batters and did not allow a baserunner in one inning. Senior Kasey Ford and junior Jaxon Passino each threw a perfect inning. Senior Brett Lockwood, sophomore Eric Torres, junior Zach Herbers and senior Caleb Littlejim each struck out multiple batters in their relief outings.

K-State jumped ahead to a 4-0 lead after four innings with runs batted in from Littlejim and senior catcher Chris Ceballos.

The Wildcats cruised through the rest of the game with a 9-0 win.

K-State’s annual three-game intrasquad Fall World Series is up next for the Wildcats and will take place on Nov. 8-10. The first of the three-game series will be on Friday, Nov. 8, with first pitch at 6 p.m.