This week in sports: Track and field starts back up, basketball looks to rebound

0
61
Junior guard David Sloan scans the court for an open play during the men’s basketball game against Florida A&M in Bramlage Coliseum on Dec. 2, 2019. The Wildcats beat the Rattlers 76-58. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

Men’s basketball

12.02.19.KSUMBBvsFloridaA+M.LW.24.jpg

The men’s basketball team (5-3) is coming off a disappointing 73-65 home loss to Marquette and now prepares for two games this week.

The Wildcats will take on Alabama State in a must-win game at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Bramlage Coliseum. This game will air on ESPN+.

On Saturday, the Wildcats will take on Mississippi State at 10:30 a.m. for the Never Forget Tribute Classic in Newark, New Jersey. This game will air on ESPNU.

Women’s basketball

12.03.19.KSUWBBvsIncarnateWord.LW.16.jpg
Junior guard Rachel Ranke scans the court for an open play during the women’s basketball game against Incarnate Word in Bramlage Coliseum on Dec. 3, 2019. The Wildcats defeated the Cardinals 85-41. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The women’s basketball team (4-4) will be on the road again following an 81-72 loss to No. 23 Arkansas.

The Wildcats will play UMKC on at 1 p.m. Saturday in Kansas City. Fans can listen to the game on the K-State Sports Radio Network. The match will get the Wildcats above .500 or put them down on a losing record for the first time this season with another road game to follow on Dec. 21.

Track and field

DCC_4881.jpg
Cross Country athlete Cooper Schroeder resets his watch at the RV Christian Track and Field complex on Oct 25, 2019. (Dylan Connell | Collegian Media Group)

The track and field team will begin its season this weekend. The Wildcats will host the Carol Robinson Winter Pentathlon on Friday and the K-State Winter Invitational on Saturday.