EDITOR’S NOTE: A note about sensitive Collegian content

0
1127
Callery pear trees blossom in front of the historical Anderson Hall after a long, cold winter. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

A Kansas State student recently died by suicide. In respect of their life and the privacy of their family members, we will not be reporting on the matter and we will not provide details.

In today’s print Collegian and online, there is content dealing with mental health. These stories are not a response to this tragic event, but part of a collaborative storytelling initiative between the Collegian and an upper level reporting class in the A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications. Some stories that were planned to appear with this series have been held until a later date due to their sensitive content.

If you or someone you know is dealing with mental health issues, we implore you to seek help using the Office of Student Life or K-State’s Counseling Services.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.