UPDATE: Both vehicles recovered, campus police still looking for suspects in Bill Snyder Family Stadium theft

0
2022
Bill Snyder Family Stadium is home to the K-State football team. (File photo by Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

Update at 8:00 a.m. on Jan. 7: Kansas State Police recovered one of the vehicles stolen from Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Jan. 6.

Both vehicles in the theft that occurred between Dec. 26 and Dec. 29, have been recovered. Campus police are still looking for two suspects — images suggest there is one male and one female suspect.

Original story: Kansas State Police are looking for two suspects related to thefts that occurred at Bill Snyder Family Stadium between Dec. 26 and Dec. 29.

The items stolen include two utility terrain vehicles — one of which a suspect returned — and some money from an ATM inside the stadium.

A press release from the Division of Communications and Marketing said the cash taken from the ATM “may smell of cleaning solution and have a yellow tint.” The bills may also be “brittle” and “wrinkled” and should be in $10 or $20 notes.

Campus police released photos of the suspects and other images that might help identify persons involved in the incident.

Anyone with information about the theft is encouraged to call 785-532-6412 or email campus police at police@k-state.edu.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.