Here is what is going on this week for K-State Sports

0
59
Junior guard Cartier Diarra charges the basket for a dunk during the men’s basketball game against West Virginia in Bramlage Coliseum on Jan. 18, 2020. The Wildcats took the Mountaineers with a final score of 84-68. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

Men’s Basketball

01.18.20.KSUMBBvsWestVirginia.LW.21.jpg

The men’s basketball team (8-11) is coming off a tough loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in the Big 12/SEC challenge in which the Wildcats had a late comeback surge, but ultimately fell 74-77. In the first game this week, they will play the Oklahoma Sooners on Wednesday in Bramlage Coliseum. This will be the second matchup in the season series, as the Sooners won the first matchup 66-61 in Norman in the Big 12 season opener. This game will begin at 7 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN +.

The second game for the men’s basketball team will be in Morgantown, West Virginia, as they will play the No. 14 West Virginia Mountaineers on Saturday. In the first matchup on Jan. 18, the Wildcats upset the then-ranked No. 12 Mountaineers 84-68 for the team’s only conference win so far this season.

The Mountaineers will likely be ready to play this time. Hall of fame coach Bob Huggins of West Virginia said in the postgame press conference that his players didn’t listen to him when he told them K-State would be ready to play. The second matchup will be at 1 p.m. on ESPN 2.

Women’s Basketball

01.25.20.KSUWBBvsOklahoma.LW.13.jpg
Senior guard Angela Harris drives toward the basket during the women’s basketball game against Oklahoma in Bramlage Coliseum on Jan. 25, 2020. The Wildcats beat the Sooners 94-72. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The women’s basketball team (8-9) will play their in-state rival Kansas Jayhawks in the first game this week on Wednesday. The Wildcats defeated the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday 92-74 as they snapped a two-game losing streak. This game will begin at 8 p.m. on Fox Sports Network and will be played in Lawrence.

The second game of the week for the women’s basketball team will be on Saturday against the TCU Horned Frogs in Fort Worth, Texas. This game will begin at 8 p.m. on Fox Sports Network.

Tennis

09.14.18.WTenPractice.BB-4.jpg
On Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 the tennis team hosted their Alumni Game. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The tennis team will be in Wichita, on Friday to play the Wichita State Shockers in their fourth match of the spring season. This match will begin at 1 p.m.

Track and Field

12.07.18.Penathlon.AT.622.jpg
Then- junior Kyle Parr clears 1.88m in the men's high jump during the Carol Robinson/Attila Zsivoczky Pentathlon in Ahern on Dec. 7, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

The track and field teams will be competing in the Razorback Invitational in Fayetteville, Arkansas, this weekend on Friday and Saturday.