Campus police investigate report of lewd and lascivious conduct in Union restroom

0
454
The K-State Student Union is home to several student resources and restaurants. On Jan. 29, a male individual reported he was a victim of lewd and lascivious conduct in a restroom in the Union. (Abigail Compton | Collegian Media Group)

On Jan. 29, an individual using a restroom in the K-State Student Union made a report to K-State Police detailing lewd and lascivious conduct.

The male individual that reported the incident said another male revealed himself in the men’s restroom.

“This is an ongoing investigation and no further information is available at this time,” a press release from the Division of Communications and Marketing says.

Campus police request any other witnesses to the incident reach out by calling 785-532-6412. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through the silent witness website or the LiveSafe app.

“Please help keep our community safe by reporting any similar behavior immediately,” the press release says.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.