No. 1 Baylor comes to Manhattan, winter sports continue for the Wildcats this week

0
128
K-State Track and Field athletes warmup for their track meet in Ahearn Field House on Feb. 17, 2017. (John Benfer | The Collegian)

Women’s golf

Golf-9.jpg
Teammates congratulate junior Niamh McSherry for winning the Marilynn Smith/Sunflower Invitational at Colbert Hills Golf Course on Sept. 18, 2019. (Luis Villarreal-Reyes | Collegian Media Group)

The women’s golf team will be in Dallas, Texas, to play in the SMU/DAC Challenge.

Track and field

KSU Track 218-enhanced.jpg

The track and field team will be in Columbia, South Carolina on Friday and Saturday to compete in the South Carolina Invitational.

Women’s basketball

01.25.20.KSUWBBvsOklahoma.LW.01.jpg
Senior guard Angela Harris drives towards the basket during the women’s basketball game against Oklahoma in Bramlage Coliseum on Jan. 25, 2020. The Wildcats beat the Sooners 94-72. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The Wildcats are coming off a four-point loss to the Horned Frogs on Saturday and look to get back on track with a win against the Red Raiders.

The women’s basketball team (9-10, 3-5 Big 12) will begin the week in Lubbock, Texas to take on Texas Tech on Wednesday. This game will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will air on ESPN+.

They will end the week at 2 p.m. Saturday as they host the Baylor Bears.

Men’s basketball

01.29.20.KSUMBBvsOklahoma.LW.04.jpg
Junior guard David Sloan looks across the court for an open play during the men's basketball game against Oklahoma in Bramlage Coliseum on Jan. 29, 2020. The Wildcats were able to take the Sooners 61-53. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

K-State ended a losing drought against Oklahoma on Wednesday and then lost to West Virginia on Saturday. They shot the ball well against Oklahoma, but not against West Virginia.

The big match-up: men’s basketball (9-12, 2-6 Big 12) will begin the week by hosting the No. 1 ranked Baylor Bears at 8 p.m. Monday on ESPN2.

The Wildcats will end the week in Ames, Iowa, Saturday against the Iowa State Cyclones at 7 p.m.

Women’s tennis

09.14.18.WTenPractice.BB-3.jpg
Tennis player, Ioana Gheorghita, focuses on the ball, waiting to rally it back to her teammate during practice. (Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The tennis team (2-2) will be in Tuscon, Arizona, on Saturday to compete against the North Texas Mean Green. The match will begin at 8 p.m.