UPDATE: Campus police say no ‘ongoing threat’ in case of lewd, lascivious conduct

0
349
The K-State Student Union is home to several student resources and restaurants. On Jan. 29, a male individual reported he was a victim of lewd and lascivious conduct in a restroom in the Union. (Abigail Compton | Collegian Media Group)

K-State Police says the “ongoing threat” has been eliminated in the case of suspected lewd and lascivious conduct from Jan. 29.

In a press release, the Division of Communications and Marketing said campus police have identified a suspect.

The individual that reported the incident said he was in a men’s restroom in the K-State Student Union when another male revealed himself.

“This investigation is ongoing and no additional information will be released at this time,” the release says.

Campus police warns individuals at Kansas State to “continue to stay aware of their surroundings and use available resources” like WildcatWalk and LiveSafe.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.