A packed week lies ahead for K-State Sports

0
106
Freshman guard Emilee Ebert scans the court for an open play during K-State’s women’s basketball game against Baylor in Bramlage Coliseum on Feb. 8. The Bears held the Wildcats 54-40. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

Women’s Basketball

02.08.20.KSUWBBvsBaylor.LW.01.jpg

The women’s basketball team (10-11, 4-6) will be on a road trip this week. On Tuesday, they will be in Morgantown, West Virginia, to take on the West Virginia Mountaineers, with tip-off at 6 p.m. At 2 p.m. Sunday, they will be in Norman, Oklahoma, to take on the Oklahoma Sooners. This game will be aired on Fox Sports 1.

The Wildcats are coming off a 54-40 loss to the No. 2 Baylor Lady Bears on Saturday. Kansas State kept the game close and held the Bears to their lowest point total of the season, but didn’t have enough to pull off the upset.

Men’s Basketball

02.03.20.KSUMBBvsBaylor.LW.04.jpg
Redshirt junior guard Cartier Diarra charges the basket during the men's basketball game against Baylor in Bramlage Coliseum on Feb. 3, 2020. The Bears skated by with a six-point victory over the Wildcats. The final score was 73-67. (Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

The men’s basketball team (9-14, 2-8) will host the Oklahoma State Cowboys at 8 p.m. Tuesday on ESPNU. On Saturday they will be in Fort Worth, Texas, to play the TCU Horned Frogs at 4 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN +.

The Wildcats are coming off two losses last week — to No.1 Baylor Bears and the Iowa State Cyclones. They will look to fix their chronic slow starts this week by starting their games out strong to get back on the winning track.

Tennis

09.14.18.WTenPractice.BB-3.jpg
Sophomore Ioana Gheorghita, focuses on the tennis ball, waiting to rally it back to her teammate during practice. (Archive Photo by Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

The tennis team (4-2) will host the Washington Huskies on Friday at 2 p.m.

Track and Field

2.16.19.SteveMillerOpen.RJ (8 of 16).jpg
The 2019 Steve Miller Open was held on Feb.16, 2019 inside Ahearn Field House on the Wyatt Haylett Indoor Track. (File Photo by Rowan Jones | Collegian Media Group)

The track and field team will be in Ames, Iowa, on Friday and Saturday for the Iowa State Classic.

Baseball

_DSF3096.jpg
Junior Caleb Littlejim runs into home base, coming from second during the game against Oklahoma on April 26, 2019. (File Photo by Morgan Clarke | Collegian Media Group)

The baseball team will begin its season this weekend as they will be in Edinburg, Texas, to take on University of Texas Rio Grande Valley on Friday through Monday for a four-game series. This series will mark the start of the second year under head coach Pete Hughes.