Limited access to residence halls allowed through in-person class suspension

(Jessica Robbins | Collegian Media Group)

Students without prior approval from Housing and Dining Services will not be permitted to enter residence halls at Kansas State.

According to a news release from the Division of Communications and Marketing, residents of on-campus dorms must first call 785-532-6453 prior to getting access into the buildings. Even then, students seeking to pick up belongings out of the dorm will only be let in if they need their medication or personal computers. Students will not be given access if they are trying to pick up course materials.

Residents of Jardine Apartments are allowed access to their housing without restriction. Students who cannot return home because they are international students or due to other personal limitations will be able to continue living in the dorms. Additionally, students who have sick family members in their permanent home will be permitted to stay in the dorms.

“The university is taking these unprecedented steps in extraordinary times to protect our university and surrounding communities,” the release says.

Kramer Dining Center will offer grab and go meal options beginning March 16 for students with dining plans. Derby Dining Center is closed for renovations and Van Zile will not be open while in-person classes are suspended.

Kaylie Mclaughlin
My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.