K-State to go online-only, limit operations for rest of semester

0
1835
(Brooke Barrett | Collegian Media Group)

Based off of recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Kansas State will go online-only and limit all university operations for the remainder of the spring semester.

“Despite the university’s limited on-campus operations status, our priorities are to teach and advise students through the semester, continue to recruit and enroll students for the next academic year, and conduct limited mission-critical research and engagement,” a university news release says.

In-person commencement ceremonies will also be cancelled.

“We ask that you not come to any of our campuses at this time, unless officially requested to do so, as we are doing all we can to stop the spread of COVID-19,” the release continues.

Dining halls and dorms will also be closing starting on March 20. Accommodations might be made for students “in highly exceptional situations.” Refunds might be available for students who lived in the residence halls.

“Making these decisions has not been easy, but the health of our students, families and communities is paramount. Making these decisions now allows students, faculty and staff to plan accordingly with some certainty as we all make arrangements to adjust to the rapidly changing situations,” the release says.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.