Diarra to enter NBA Draft Combine, transfer pool

0
476
Redshirt junior guard Cartier Diarra warms up in Bramlage Coliseum before the men's basketball team takes on Texas in the Throwback Game on Feb. 22, 2020. The Wildcats were defeated by the Longhorns 70-59. (Dylan Connell | Collegian Media Group)

Amid rumors of possible the transfer of redshirt junior guard Cartier Diarra, head coach Bruce Weber said he is “supportive” of the decision.

“Cartier has informed me of his desire to test his pro basketball opportunities with the option to transfer to another school for his final season of eligibility,” Weber said via email. “I’m supportive of Cartier’s decision and appreciate the time he has given this program the last four years. He has been a part of many great moments here. We look forward to him graduating this spring and pursuing his dream of playing pro basketball.”

Smile on his face, Cartier Diarra performs his second dunk of the night against Pittsburg State. Diarra scored a total of 9 points during the game on November 2, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)
Smile on his face, Cartier Diarra performs his second dunk of the night against Pittsburg State. Diarra scored a total of 9 points during the game on Nov. 2, 2018. (Alex Todd | Collegian Media Group)

Diarra played three seasons for the Wildcats in his tenure, and was a crucial piece in the 2018 NCAA run to the Elite Eight.

He averaged over nine points per game in his career at Kansas State. Diarra helped take the reins during the 2019-2020 season, averaging about 13 points per game second only to senior forward Xavier Sneed.