University reports positive case of COVID-19 on campus

0
2255
(Archive photo by Logan Wassall | Collegian Media Group)

An individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 is currently isolating in Jardine Apartments.

According to a university special alert, the person has been self-isolating in the on-campus apartment complex since March 23.

Prior to isolation in Jardine, Kansas State says they were residing in Marlatt Hall in a room with a private bathroom following a recent trip out of state. When the individual notified the university of their symptoms, they were moved to Jardine.

“Lafene Health Center and Riley County Health Department acted quickly and have followed protocols aimed at preventing the spread of the virus and protecting the community,” the special alert said. “We ask that you respect the privacy of the person during this difficult time.”

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.