Remote teaching, learning model to continue with summer classes

0
121
(Illustration by Julie Freijat | Collegian Media Group)

May intersession and summer classes will continue to be taught remotely due to uncertainty regarding COVID-19. Provost Chuck Taber said online course fees will be reduced “significantly.”

Tuition will remain at the current rate, but Global Campus and college and departmental online fees will be suspended. A $70 per credit hour fee will be implemented instead.

Fees for classes that would normally be taught on-campus will remain at their current rates.

In addition, students taking summer classes will not be charged a privilege fee, campus infrastructure fee or summer school fee.

“By making this decision now, we can provide some certainty to you and to our students as they make their summer educational plans,” Taber said in a K-State Today press release. “We do not want to repeat our disruptive spring experience of transitioning from in-person to remote classes in one week. We believe this certainty combined with reduced online fees will help with enrollment.”

Bailey Britton
My name is Bailey Britton and I am the editor-in-chief of the Collegian. Previously, I have been the assistant news editor and the managing editor. I have also interned for the Manhattan Mercury and the Colby Free Press. I grew up in Colby, Kansas, and I am a junior in journalism and English. Through the Collegian, I aim to provide the K-State community with quality news coverage while we learn to serve our campus.