TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on May 20

0
142
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department did not report any new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, keeping the local total of positive cases to 60. Additionally, 53 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered.

Riley County reported its first COVID-19 related death last week. The man who died was in his 30s and had an underlying condition, a press release from the health department indicated.

At this time, there have been 828 negative tests administered in the county and 83 tests are pending. Currently, four people are being monitored for possible exposure.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.