TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on June 1

0
136
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported two new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the local total to 66. The two most recent positive cases are from a 44-year-old female and 46-year-old male from the same home.

There is one resident currently hospitalized with COVID-19 related complications. That patient is on a ventilator, lead public information officer for the Riley County COVID-19 response Vivienne Uccello said in an email. There are also two people hospitalized with COVID-19 symptoms.

Additionally, 58 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are only 7 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented one COVID-19-related death.

At this time, there have been 1,105 negative tests administered in the county, and 109 tests are pending. One person is being monitored for possible exposure.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.