TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on June 12

0
173

The Riley County Health Department reported three new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the local case total to 74.

The most recent positives are presenting in a 95-year-old female, 90-year-old female and a 21-year-old male.

Additionally, 59 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 12 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented three COVID-19-related deaths. The first death was recorded last month. The second was announced on Tuesday after a man in his late 80s died after testing positive for the novel coronavirus over the weekend.

The most recent death was announced on Wednesday after a 61-year-old man died from complications related to COVID-19. He had been on a ventilator for a week, a press release says.

At this time, there have been 1,711 negative tests administered in the county and 83 tests are pending. There are 16 people actively being monitored for possible exposure.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.