TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on June 24

0
181
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department reported 24 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the local case total to 156.

Additionally, 70 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 83 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented three COVID-19-related deaths. The two most recent deaths were both associated with an outbreak at an extended care facility in Leonardville.

At this time, there have been 2,258 negative tests administered in the county and 117 tests are pending. There are 33 people actively being monitored for possible exposure.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.