TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on June 26

0
143

The Riley County Health Department reported 28 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the local case total to 184.

According to a press release, most of the new positives fall in the 18 to 24 age range.

Additionally, 72 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 109 active cases in the county — more than at any point in the pandemic.

There is one current hospitalization — the patient is on a ventilator.

Riley County has documented three COVID-19-related deaths. The two most recent deaths were both associated with an outbreak at an extended care facility in Leonardville.

Currently, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment is monitoring four known outbreaks — three of which are related to the Aggieville business district. The other outbreak is associated with the Kansas State football team. As of last Friday, 14 players had tested positive.

At this time, there have been 2,367 negative tests administered in the county and 159 tests are pending.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.