TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on June 29

0
193

The Riley County Health Department reported 38 new cases of COVID-19 over the weekend, bringing the local case total to 222.

Additionally, 85 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 134 active cases in the county — more than at any point in the pandemic.

Riley County has documented three COVID-19-related deaths. The two most recent deaths were both associated with an outbreak at an extended care facility in Leonardville.

Currently, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment is monitoring five known outbreaks — three of which are related to the Aggieville business district.

Another outbreak is associated with the Kansas State football team. As of last Friday, 14 players had tested positive.

The newest outbreak in the county was announced after eight people with Riley County Emergency Medical Services tested positive.

At this time, there have been 2,509 negative tests administered in the county and 174 tests are pending.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.