TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on July 17

0
195

The Riley County Health Department reported 11 new cases of COVID-19 since Wednesday, bringing the local total to 382.

Additionally, 250 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered — an addition of 18 recoveries since Wednesday. There are 129 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented three COVID-19-related deaths. The two most recent deaths were both associated with an outbreak at an extended care facility in Leonardville.

The state and local health department have declared a new outbreak at Meadowlark Hills in Manhattan after eight people — staff and residents — tested positive. One of these positive cases is in a nonresident of Riley County, a press release says.

“The majority of residents who tested positive are asymptomatic and were tested after being identified as having an exposure to a positive case,” the press release says.

At this time, there have been 3,646 negative tests administered in the county and 251 tests are pending.

Currently, there are no people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus hospitalized, but there are five people with possible cases currently being treated at Ascension Via Christi.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.