Tuition, fees to be charged using 2019-2020 rates

0
324
The morning light reflects off the limestone of Anderson Hall. (Archive Photo by Evert Nelson | Collegian Media Group)

Tuition, the privilege fee, academic infrastructure fee and specific college fees will be kept flat for the fall semester. This means tuition and fees will be charged at the same rate as the 2019-2020 academic year.

Students taking online classes will only be charged a $70 per course fee for all online course on top of tuition, K-State Today press release says. This is the same model used for summer classes.

If classes return to an online or distance-only format, tuition and fees will not be refunded.

“A student acknowledges responsibility for full payment of tuition and relevant fees by beginning the semester enrolled in face-to-face/in-person, blended/hybrid and/or online courses,” the press release states.

Refunds from Housing and Dining Services and Parking Services will be provided as they were in the spring semester.

“In these difficult times when so many of our students and families face significant financial pressures, K-State is committed to keeping the costs of education as low as possible. We hope that this will allow all of our students to continue to make progress toward their K-State degrees.” said Charles Taber, provost and executive vice president.

Bailey Britton
My name is Bailey Britton and I am the editor-in-chief of the Collegian. Previously, I have been the assistant news editor and the managing editor. I have also interned for the Manhattan Mercury and the Colby Free Press. I grew up in Colby, Kansas, and I am a junior in journalism and English. Through the Collegian, I aim to provide the K-State community with quality news coverage while we learn to serve our campus.