TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on July 24

0
132

The Riley County Health Department has reported eight new cases of COVID-19 since Wednesday, bringing the local total to 419.

Additionally, 299 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 113 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented four COVID-19-related deaths. The most recent death was confirmed Thursday evening after a 96-year-old woman associated with the Leonardville Nursing Home outbreak died. She reportedly tested positive in June, but was asymptomatic. COVID-19 is her official cause of death.

“We are very sorry to learn of this patient’s death and send our deepest condolences to her family and friends,” local health officer Julie Gibbs said. “We know the loss of a loved one is a painful experience and our hearts are with you.”

At this time, there have been 4,071 negative tests administered in the county and 199 tests are pending.

Currently, there are three people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus hospitalized in the county. There is one person with COVID-19 symptoms hospitalized who has yet to test positive.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.