TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on July 29

0
76

The Riley County Health Department has reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 since Monday, bringing the local total to 441.

Additionally, 336 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 101 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented four COVID-19-related deaths. The most recent death was confirmed last Thursday evening after a 96-year-old woman associated with the Leonardville Nursing Home outbreak died. She reportedly tested positive in June, but was asymptomatic. COVID-19 is her official cause of death.

At this time, there have been 4,239 negative tests administered in the county and 182 tests are pending.

Currently, there are three people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus hospitalized in the county. An additional person with an unconfirmed case is hospitalized with symptoms.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the Editor in Chief of the Collegian. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a junior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage. I am fueled by a lot of coffee and I spend my (sparse) free time watching stand-up comedy.