TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on July 30

0
129
(Infographic by Kaylie McLaughlin | Collegian Media Group)

The Riley County Health Department has reported four new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the local total to 445.

Additionally, 337 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 103 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented five COVID-19-related deaths. The most recent death was confirmed on Thursday after an 80-year-old man died. He was associated with the Meadowlark Hills outbreak.

“I extend my deepest condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones,” local health officer Julie Gibbs said. “We know the loss of a loved one is a painful experience and our hearts are with you. Our community has worked together to slow the spread of coronavirus and I ask all of you to please continue to take precautions so we can help prevent further tragedy.”

The health department reported another death just a week ago when a 96-year-old woman associated with the Leonardville Nursing Home outbreak died.

At this time, there have been 4,304 negative tests administered in the county and 162 tests are pending.

Currently, there are four people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus hospitalized in the county.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.