TAKE A LOOK: COVID-19 in Riley County by the numbers on Aug. 3

0
135

The Riley County Health Department reported one new case of COVID-19 on Monday, bringing the local total to 450.

Additionally, 338 of those who previously tested positive are considered to be recovered. There are 107 active cases in the county.

Riley County has documented five COVID-19-related deaths. The most recent death was confirmed last Thursday after an 80-year-old man died. He was associated with the Meadowlark Hills outbreak.

The health department reported another death just a week before when a 96-year-old woman associated with the Leonardville Nursing Home outbreak died.

At this time, there have been 4,497 negative tests administered in the county and 140 tests are pending.

Currently, there are four people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus hospitalized in the county. Two additional people are hospitalized with unconfirmed cases.

My name is Kaylie McLaughlin and I'm the managing editor and audience engagement manager of the Collegian. Previously, I've been the editor-in-chief and the news editor. In the past, I have also contributed to the Royal Purple Yearbook and KKSU-TV. Off-campus, you can find my bylines in the Wichita Eagle, the Shawnee Mission Post and KSNT News. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnee, Kansas. I’m a senior in digital journalism with a minor in French and a secondary focus in international and area studies. As a third-generation K-Stater, I bleed purple and my goal is to serve the Wildcat community with accurate coverage.